Canada is home to one of the most multi-ethnic, multicultural, multi-religious populations on the planet. As a result, we are facing some of the most significant upheavals in our nation’s history. So what does this mean for Christ’s church?
Shifting Stats: Shaking the Church offers a fresh take and a hopeful outlook on the Canadian church. Each story highlights a congregation that has responded to new opportunities presented in the areas of Family, Finances, Immigration, Technology, Time/Volunteering and Youth, and how a perceived challenge has resulted in an new way to engage their local community with the love of God.
Arising out of stories gathered during World Vision’s 2014 Shifting Stats Church Leaders Forum and the contribution of denominational leaders, these are real-life, boots on the ground responses—sometimes simple, sometimes messy—to the challenges faced by churches right across our country who have chosen to put their faith into action in order to become invaluable neighbours.
There is great hope for the future of the Church in Canada as illustrated through these 40 stories of real churches who are facing the new realities of our cultural landscape head-on.
- Forty stories from across Canada representing every province and territory, 35 rural and urban centres, 25 denominations and churches ranging in size from 15 to over 3000 attendees.
- An encouraging and inspiring look at the impact churches across Canada are having on their local communities.
- Dozens of practical ideas for community involvement presented in an easy-to-read, captivating short story format.
- Authored by respected Canadian faith journalists, Patricia Paddey and Karen Stiller.
Get your copy of Shifting Stats: Shaking the Church
Ordering more than five copies? Quantity discounts are available. Email Brad Saunders for more information.
Free downloads for you and your church!
- Instructions: Right click on the links to open the file in a new tab. You can then save them to your computer.
- Sample chapters:1- Nourishing Student Bodies- and Souls, 2- Benevolence Without Branding
- Tweetsheet to spread the word on Twitter! Just download, copy and paste the tweets.
- Banners for featured churches to use on Facebook and Twitter