For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me…The King will reply, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” – Matthew 25:36-40
Experience God’s Word in community through this text and email challenge
For one week, your congregation will focus on one passage of scripture in Matthew 25. They will receive text messages throughout the week, including a daily challenge, impactful stories of children around the world, prayer and discussion points for families, and engaging videos and family activities too! It will open their eyes to the realities many people living in poverty face every day and encourage them to respond with the love of Jesus.
Awaken hearts and deepen Discipleship
Immerse your church in the needs of the hungry, thirsty, sick, imprisoned, and strangers around the world by sacrificing one small thing every day. The daily challenges are family-friendly, and include things like giving up your bed and sleeping on the floor, giving up a meal, and giving up all drinks except water. This is a great opportunity for your congregants to live out their faith in ways that positively witness to their friends and neighbors.
Join churches across Canada and take the Matthew 25 Challenge!
or contact the World Vision Church Representative in your area listed below for additional information!
- Halifax, Nova ScotiaMark MillerChurch Representative
- Montreal, QuebecMonique DionReprésentant - Églises | Church Representative
- Burlington, OntarioDon BennettChurch Representative
- Mississauga, OntarioPhilip GaiChurch Representative
- Toronto, OntarioNori AndersonChurch Representative
- Winnipeg, ManitobaChris SchroederChurch Representative
- Saskatoon, SaskatchewanJason MoffatChurch Representative